Peacekeeping has proven to be one of the most effective tools available to the UNPKFC to assist the host countries within Southeast Asia, navigate the difficult path from conflict to peace without the usage of firearms.
Peacekeeping has unique strengths, including legitimacy, burden sharing, and an ability to deploy and sustain troops and police from around the globe, integrating them with civilian volunteers and humanitarians to advance multidimensional mandates.
Our Humanitarians and Peacekeepers provide social and the humanitarian and peace-building support to help Southeast Asia make the difficult, early transition from conflict to peace.
“Today’s multidimensional peacekeeping operations are called upon to maintain peace and security and to facilitate the political process, protect civilians, assist in the disarmament, demobilization and reintegration of former combatants; support the organization of elections, protect and promote human rights and assist in restoring the rule of law.“ (Source: UN Peacekeeping)
There are three basic principles that continue to set our peace and humanitarian operations apart as a tool for helping humanity and securing peace.
These three principles are inter-related and mutually reinforcing:
1. Spreading the message of Love for Peace
2. Impartiality, Non-Political and Diplomatic
3. No use of Firearms and deployment of humanitarians
Spreading the message of Love for Peace
- Love for Peace (L4P) is a project that is mainly focused on spreading the message of love for peace and humanity and creating an environment of humanity and peace education among the community in order to avoid the usage of firearms.
Impartiality, No Politics and Diplomacy
- Our operations are based on the idea of INPD – Impartiality, No Politics and Diplomacy. Our operations and missions are always independent and is neither directly nor indirectly influenced by any political structure. Some projects are done in a mutual cooperation of government and organization, but is dealt diplomatically & remains politically impartial.
No Firearms/ Deployment of Humanitarians
- Our peacekeepers don’t operate using firearms. Our organization is based on the principle of peace with love, not by deployment of soldiers. Our slogan itself mentions the motto of organization – “Our Gun is Love for Peace and Humanity”. We don’t deploy soldiers, our team of volunteers is deployed in order to carry out humanitarian works.
United Nations Peace Keeping Forces Council – Southeast Asia (UNPKFC S.E.A) was born in the Kingdom of Thailand – the land of Buddha where he conveyed the message of love for peace and love for fellow human beings. It is the history and in records of Thailand that the country was never colonized, never fought or hostile from or to other countries. Therefore, Thailand deserves to be an example in the International peace missions and movements called UN Peacekeeping.
Before January 13, 2020 – Establishment of an UN Peacekeeping exemplar organization that would operate without firearms was just an idea, which came true after the signing of The Bangkok Declaration – a plenipotentiary declaration that established this council.
Everything was done in light of the UN Mission on Peace – SC Resolution 1325 as well as the Sustaining Peace Resolutions of General Assembly (A/RES/70/262) and Security Council (S/RES/2282-2016) and considering in light of SDG 16 – Peace and Justice, Goal 4 – Quality Education, Goal 8 – Economic Growth, Goal 10 – Reduced Inequalities and stressing on promoting the role of women in peacekeeping.
Unlike the UN Peacekeeping, we are limited to the continental region of Southeast Asia only. Being headquartered in Thailand, most of our social activities and awareness events take place in Thailand and or neighboring countries.
Our Peacekeeping Force is a team of volunteers that are united for promoting the world peace and working for humanity and social need. We recruit volunteers on the basis of project. We do release a call for volunteers to join a specific project for a specified area on our website and official social media pages.
As mentioned in most parts of our website, we don’t use firearms to maintain peace. We do work as the Messengers of Peace and spread the message of Peace and Humanity among the youth community so that peace can be maintained and use of firearms can be avoided.